Cauliflower is a great vegetable in the broccoli family with similar nutrition properties: high in fiber, vitamin C, sulforaphane (an anti-cancer compound), indole-3-carbinol (an anti-estrogen, which appears to slow or prevent the growth of breast and prostate tumors).
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Chopped Onion (I like red onions myself)
- Half-a-head of Cauliflower
- Spices to taste (salt, pepper). Kayln recommends sumac. I prefer paprika with garlic powder and some Cayenne Pepper (Capsicum) for extra spicy goodness.
- Chop/Dice onions into small pieces.
- Brown the onions over medium-to-high heat in a non-stick pan with the olive oil. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Shred the Cauliflower with a grater.
- Brown the Cauliflower with the onions and mix well.
- Add spices about half way through.
There are about 2.5g net carbs (with 2.5g fiber) per cup. Compare that to whole grain rice of about 37g net carbs!!
Grated Cauliflower above
Cooked Onions above
Cauliflower Rice above