- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 lbs cubed 1" skinless chicken breasts
- 1 med onion (chopped, about 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced undrained unsalted tomatoes
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt butter in large non stick pan on medium heat
- Add chicken, onion, and lemon juice; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add all of the spices except red pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute
- Stir in tomatoes until well mixed.
- Stir cream into cornstarch and salt until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet.
- Stir in red pepper to taste, if desired (yummy!)
- Bring to boil
- Reduce heat to low; stirring frequently, simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened (I find it takes longer than 5 minutes)
- Serve with cooked rice or naan bread, if desired. (I usually go with Low Carb Cauliflower Rice)
Prep time 20 minutes, cook time 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition: This depends on what you use and buy for ingredients, but here is what I get per serving (when split into 3 servings).
- Calories: 348
- Net Carbs: 8 (1 fiber)
- Fat: 17
- Protein: 50